Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mass of the Lord's Supper, 2011

Praise to the Holiest
Ps 115: How can I thank him? – Nick Baty
Praise to you, O Christ – James Walsh
As I have done for you – Dan Schutte
Where is love – Alan Rees
Valley Music – Nick Baty
Communion Song 3 – Paul Inwood
Eat this bread – Taizé
This is my body, broken for you
Hail our Saviour’s glorious body
Stay with me – Taizé

This evening's congregation really raised the roof. I was concerned that, coming from what was once four parishes, we might not have enough music in common – but they proved me wrong. Even Dan Schutte's As I have done for you – which we only sing once a year – really took off and I'm not sure I can think of a better accompaniment for the Washing of Feet. And this was once of the few occasions that I've witnessed the whole assembly really singing Taizé's Eat this Bread. Perhaps it was the weather, perhaps it was the addition of our new parishioners from St Sylvester's, but this evening celebration was one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment